Thursday, August 6, 2009

"Want a Treat?"


This is what Sophia asks Greta and Bella before she hands them a doggie treat. She loves to give them treats but tortures them with how long she takes, parading around the house with the treats in her hands, soaking up all this new attention from the dogs who normally run away when she starts moving in their direction. So, when Mama Jean was headed back to Texas for a few weeks when Vincent was 5 weeks old I was faced with full days of 2 kiddos under 2, I decided to dig out the homemade dog biscuit kit that I received as a gift and use this as a morning activity for Sophia and I. Fortunately, Vincent agreed and took a nap while Sophia and I played. Prior to my mom's trip to Texas she was taking Sophia in the mornings for a "mother's day out" of sorts. It was good for Sophia because she is so used to being on the go and not stuck in the house and it was good for Vincent and I - catching up on sleep, nursing, etc. For me, one of the biggest challenges of having 2 kids under 2 is coming up with enough activities for the oldest while still considering the needs of the younger for nutrition and sleep. Making dog treats was a huge success! Sugar cookies are next. And when we make those I won't cringe when Sophia decides to take a little taste of the batter.


Sophia loves to feed Grits Grets and Bella their homemade dog bones. As for me, homemade dog biscuits seem like a lot of trouble for 2 canines but they deserve it. They have adjusted well to becoming 2nd rate citizens of the Morlandt household.

2 comments:

White's Journey to Taiwan said...

What a beautiful family you are!!! Sophia is absolutely gorgeous and Vincent is just as lovable and squeezable as can be!! Congratulations on your happy, beautiful and blessed family :-) Hope to see you soon.

The Lindseys said...

Sophia is so cute and you seem to be doing well with your new family of 4 (well, 6-let's not leave out the furry guys). I miss you guys and hope we get to meet Vincent soon (though I have not idea when)!