Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Busy Month of August

August is here and with it comes many exciting and new adventures in the Morlandt household. I just wanted to share a few with you and ask for a few prayers along the way...

We head to the Alabama coast this Saturday for seven days of relaxation (well, as much relaxing as you can do with small children). We will be enjoying the beach and sun with my family including both of my brothers, my nephews, and my grandparents. It's "Mama Jean's Beach Vacation 2009." At least that's what we are calling it! I cannot wait to see Sophia's reaction to the beach. I think she will love it! I'm in the process of packing up food, clothes, toys, and all the necessities for two babies and their parents. It's insane how much we will be packing.

When we return Sophia will be starting Mother's Day Out 2 days a week from 9-2 at a small church located about 1/2 a mile from my work. Sophia is definitely ready for this. Her mind is soaking up everything and I know she will benefit from the socialization. I am praying for a good transition and for her teachers. That they may love, care, and have patience with Sophia and all the other children. I will start back at work on the 31st and will be working 1 and 1/2 days a week. I'm looking forward to the return of productivity (hopefully), seeing all my co-workers, and working with some of my former clients. But I must say, I will miss the kiddos. Vincent and I have been inseparable from birth, except for a few nights when Mimi and Grandpa kept him and an afternoon with Mama Jean. I'm excited, though, that Mama Jean will have some one on one time with little Vince. She will have him napping on a schedule and pointing to pictures in books before I know it!


And finally, Tony is headed to Africa at the end of the month (leaving on the 27th) for 10 days of mission work and safari with the mission organization Kenya Relief. Please check out their website here and, if you have time, watch the video about the organization's start and their vision. Tony will be working alongside two other oral surgeons to provide medical and dental care for those in need in the local community. Please pray for safe travel for all participants, their health and safety while there , and that those who come to the clinic will experience God's love for them personally through the care they receive.

1 comment:

Marsh and Laura said...

Wow! I'm exhausted just reading about all the things you have planned.

We will be praying for your return to work (and all that this entails), and will also pray for Tony's safe trip to/from Africa.