Thursday, January 8, 2009

We Are Having a....


BOY!!!


And we could not be happier or more excited. More importantly, everything looked great on the sonogram - the organs are there and functioning properly and he measures the right height and weight for his gestational age.

The sonographer commented on how active he was. She was having a hard time getting him to be still to do all the measurements. At the end the sonographer gave us a little surprise and turned on the 3-D option. The picture above is 3-D. We were amazed how we could see all the features so clearly. He was opening and closing his mouth (telling us "hello", of course) and moving all around.

Most likely, I will not have any more sonograms. So, the next time we see this sweet baby boy will be the day of his birth. Snuggle in little one, grow and gain strength. Prayerfully, we'll see you in about 5 months.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious! Love you guys. Sarah take care of yourself and again congratulations!

Brad and Barbie said...

Congratulations! We're so excited that ya'll are having a boy :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you guys. (Though I must say, you sure did make us wait in suspense for awhile-Gosh!) I'm sure that Sophia will be an excellent big sister. Any ideas for names yet?

adrienne said...

Ok, sorry, the above Anonymous message is from me. God Bless you all. Praying for a healthy, happy baby boy.
Adrienne

Sarah said...

THanks for the congratulations, everyone! Adrienne, it's fun to see you on the blog!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful boy. Does he have an italian nose? I love you all so much and kiss Sophia till she squeals.