Not quite New Years - better than I expected. Anyway...
Thanksgiving was great this year. Mama Jean hosted us along with a few of Tony's fellow residents and their kiddos, 6 adults and 5 kiddos in all. We enjoyed the traditional Thanksgiving turkey and cranberry sauce. And Mimi, you would be proud, I did burn the marshmellows on top of the sweet potato casserole. They were just short of bursting into flames - a true delicacy. The Jones family brought butternut squash soup along with pumpkin ice cream pie with a gingersnap crust - YUMMY. And the Lichtys brought homemade bread - deliciouso.
There were lots of leftovers that were divided among the families. We enjoyed them for a full week. I made one of my favorite turkey leftover meals - turkey cranberry quesadillas. Slap a little leftover turkey and cranberry sauce along with some Pepper Jack cheese between two tortillas and grill it up.
And while we are on the topic of Thanksgiving, I would like to share this link to a blog post written by one of our former pastors at Trinity Baptist Church in San Antonio. It is titled "Thanksgiving Eating" and I think it has some great reminders for us as Christians during the holiday season. As I threw out the last of the green bean casserole and the dressing Pastor Charlie's words came to mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment