Yes, you read it right. Sophia will soon be a big sister and we will soon be (God willing) parents of two. I am currently 16 weeks pregnant and due on June 7, 2009.
We have already had two ultrasounds, both of which revealed a healthy, growing baby. Last Wednesday I heard the heartbeat - sweet music to my ears. And on January 6th, we will find out if it's a boy or girl.
How close together will these two sweet Morlandt babies be, you ask? 19 months apart. We will have our hands full for sure but are thankful every day for this gift of life. It is the perfect time in Tony's program. He is and will be a medical student for the first 9 months of the baby's life. Which means he has more time and less demands than his intern years and his years back on OMFS service. As for me, I visited with my employer regarding hours and will be able to cut back some and stay home a little more. What a praise! Mama Jean, of course, will continue to be an integral part of baby care. We are so thankful for her!
The picture of Sophia was taken on the day that I told Tony about the happy news. When I found out, I spent the whole morning with this huge smile that I could not wipe off my face. I then went to Hobby Lobby and picked up some iron on letters to make "The Big Sister" shirt. When Tony arrived home from work that day, we were both sitting out on the front lawn. He saw Sophia's shirt, took some time to process it, and then smiled the biggest smile - just like me. We then went over to Mama Jean's house and surprised her in the same way. Finally we shared the news with Mimi on our trip home the next weekend. She was excited and had the same reaction as Mama Jean - screaming with excitement. We are so grateful to have such supportive families!
So now you can look forward to updates on baby #2! Thanks for reading our blog and sharing in this happy news.
6 comments:
Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys. I still remember when you announced that Sophia was on the way to our BSF group. What a happy day!
Woo Hoo! I'm doing a happy dance right now! Elle and Piper are 19 months apart...a little rough in the beginning, but so awesome now...they are so close and play non-stop together. Another beautiful Morlandt baby...I can't wait!!
Praise God for such wonderful news. Thanks for checking in on us...I hope this craziness will settle down soon so I can visit your blog more often.
We do hope to catch you next weekend. We are in the Friendship class--John and Barbara Purcell are the directors, Kathleen and Rob Woods are the teachers. We sit on the left in back when when entering the sanctuary.
Congratulations to you and Tony!
Miss you guys!
How wonderful and exciting! Kristy, Anna Grace and I are so very excited for all of you. We would love to pick up where we left off and see you all again after the holidays. I believe we owe you dinner too, if I'm not mistaken! Congratulations and Merry Christmas!
TESTING
SO EXCITED
Sarah and Tony, Geoff and I are so very excited for you. I know Geoff posted a few weeks ago--but I wanted to tell you congratulations too! We would love to see you now that the holidays are wrapping up. It is time to have you over to the White House for dinner and game night! ;o) Hope you are having the happiest of holidays--you certainly have much to celebrate.
Happy New Year to you both!!
Post a Comment