Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sophia Turns One!


I'm trying to catch up on pictures/events from October and what was the most important event this last October? Sophia's first birthday party! Just FYI, she shares a pretty special birthday month with her great-grandfather, Granddaddy Carl and her dear friend Paige back in San Antonio. Happy birthday October babies!

We celebrated Sophia's first birthday on Saturday, November 1st at one of our neighborhood parks, Overton Park. The weather was amazing! Clear skies and a high of about 75 degrees. Tony grilled hamburgers and Mama Jean brought homemade pasta. There was plenty of delicious cake to go around too. As far as cake is concerned, Sophia dove in with her fingers but didn't care for the messiness of it all. Actually, she had a huge come apart at the end. I think it was a mixture of a sugar rush along with the pressure of being the center of attention. The kids enjoyed playing on the playground and making bird feeders. Each person went home with a little treat bag from Sophia to say, "Thanks for coming to my special day!"

Speaking of guests, we had family from South Texas who traveled over 1,000 miles to see sweet Sophia. On a motorcycle, on a plane, or in a car they all made it to Alabama for this fun day! I hope Sophia looks back at the pictures from her party and realizes how much she is loved.

We had several friends there too. From fellow residents, to neighbors, to other speech therapists we are thankful that God has brought us some great friends here in AL. In summary, it was a pretty special day. Check out the photo mosaic (the pictures were taken by Taryn and Lawson with their super cool camera - thanks so much!) and the videos to see the highlights from the day!
Click to play Happy 1st Birthday!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow
Sophia attacks her cake:

Sophia claps at all the attention:
I've had enough of this cake!:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sophia has grown so much and is very cute. I can't believe she is already one. She has grown so much. I can see that she had a wonderful birthday filled with love, happiness, and a little cake.

Love,
McKay

Anonymous said...

HOW CUTE! Again sorry we missed it. Looked like a great day. Thanks for the pics and the videos! Look forward to seeing you guys at Christmas!

MamaMia said...

Thanks for checking in on me. I've missed stopping by...so busy with the kids and their school, etc...I can't wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas vacations!

What a beautiful family you are! I love all the photos and video posting you do. Happy birthday Sophia! Much love to you from SA!

Sarah said...

It really was a great time but we sure did miss all our San Antonio friends and Texas family!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these birthday party pics. I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you.
That song playing on your SmileBox slideshow is the same one I sang to miss Sophia when I came to visit.
Missing you!