It has truly been a great day! First of all, Sophia slept in this morning giving me an extra hour of sleep - thanks Dophle (our current nick-name for Sophia). Then I received a call from Tony at 8:15 saying that he would be done for the day at 10:00. A full day with Tony and Sophia? This called for something fun. So we decided to go to the zoo. The weather was amazing - mid 80's with no humidity and a cool breeze. It felt like fall, which made me nostalgic about Sophia's birth. Well anyway, I'm digressing. Back to the zoo. The highlights were the tiger and the monkeys.
The tiger was hiding out in the shady part of his den which just happens to be up against the glass pane so that everyone can watch him. Unfortunately he was pacing back and forth (made me kind-of sad) but it did give us a great chance to watch him up close and personal. Sophia was fascinated.
Sophia fascinated by the tiger
The monkeys were also out and about, swinging around, and making all kinds of noise. Truly, I have never heard monkeys in a zoo making this much noise. A little background on the following videos. Disclaimer: I have no video editing skills and we do not have the software, so yes, there is an extremely dorky part of the first video where I think Tony is taking a picture of Sophia and me (our digital camera is also a video camera). Pretty humbling to see yourself posing for a picture, I look so dorky! Ignore the beginning (oh, please ignore it!) and focus on the monkeys playing around and the sounds they were making in the process. Well, the second video is of Sophia singing back to them. She sounds just like the monkeys! It's so cute and so amazing to me that she is imitating them so well. It's really quite funny!
Other favorite animals in the zoo:
Who doesn't love giraffes?
And to think, we get to wake up and do it all again tomorrow. Maybe minus the zoo but definitely the time with the people I love most!
2 comments:
Sophia is getting so big! And is it possible that she's getting even cuter? :) Yes, I know it's possible that even the cutest children on earth can get cuter since mine does all the time! :) Glad to get glimpses into your life in Bham!
Love,
Elissa
I can't believe she was doing that! Amazing! Love her two little teeth on the bottom. You are a dork but we love you anyways :)
Post a Comment